The simple answer is, yes!
By harnessing a third-party screen recording tool like those listed below, teachers can easily request that students submit a video of themselves using ImmerseMe for formative assessment purposes.
There are many solutions available that allow students to record their video, microphone, screen and computer audio all at once.
What the end result looks like
Third-party product recommendations
All have free versions available
- Please contact us on email@example.com if you would like us to add instructions for another third party product.
Instructions for teachers
Teacher sends students a link to this page.
Students record themselves doing an ImmerseMe lesson.
Teacher marks the recording and assigns a grade.
Tips for students
Take a deep breath and focus on accuracy, not speed
Find a relaxed and comfortable environment.
Since your teacher is marking the video, you may prefer to stop the ImmerseMe microphone, say your response out loud, then use the 'skip' button to move through the lesson.
Smile and have fun, language learning is a joyous adventure!
Instructions for using Loom
- Visit https://www.loom.com/ to download the desktop or Chrome extension - follow setup instructions.
- Log into ImmerseMe (https://my.immerseme.co/) and navigate to the lesson you want to record, open Loom and click Start Recording.
- When you have finished the lesson, click the green tick icon to stop the recording.
- Click the Copy Link button to save a unique URL of the video to your clipboard which you can then email/share with your teacher (optional: add a password for security and a link to the ImmerseMe lesson for reference).
Instructions for using Zoom
- Visit https://zoom.us/ to download the desktop application - follow setup instructions.
- Log into ImmerseMe (https://my.immerseme.co/) and navigate to the lesson you want to record, open Zoom and click New Meeting.
- Click Share Screen > Share computer sound > Share (this will record the system audio from the ImmerseMe lessons).
- Within your Zoom settings click More > Record on this Computer.
- When you have finished the ImmerseMe lesson click More > Stop Recording.
- Once the video has finished exporting, email the .mp4 to your teacher or upload on Google Classroom, YouTube etc.
Instructions for using Screencastify
- Visit https://www.screencastify.com/ to download the Chrome extension - follow setup instructions.
- Log into ImmerseMe (https://my.immerseme.co/) and navigate to the lesson you want to record, open Screencastify chrome extension and click Record.
- When you have finished the lesson, click the Screencastify chrome extension icon then the red stop button to stop the recording.
- Choose how you would like to share the video with your teacher, options include uploading to Google Drive, sharing to Google Classroom, YouTube or exporting the mp4 to your computer.