Coming soon... by 2021.
To define and reward success, we've designed a recognition system in conjunction with the ImmerseMe International Achievement Award.
While students are using ImmerseMe to learn languages, they earn Fluency Badges and Revision Heart endorsements to recognise their continual effort.
There are two types of Fluency Badges:
- 🗡️ 'Once-through' Fluency Badge - by completing a lesson from start to finish, once-through.
- ⚔️ 'All pathways' Fluency Badge - by completing all pathways within a lesson.
Students can earn a 'Once-through' or 'All pathways' Fluency Badge for each:
- Learning mode
- Whole site
Revision Hearts are awarded based on a time-spaced repetition system. There are six Revision Hearts available for each unique sentence within a lesson and learning mode, one for each revision period:
- 1st revision = ❤️, available immediately (worth 1 point)
- 2nd revision = 🧡, available from one day after completing 1st revision ❤️ (worth 2 points)
- 3rd revision = 💛, available from one week after completing 2nd revision 🧡 (worth 3 points)
- 4th revision = 💚, available from one month after completing 3rd revision 💛 (worth 4 points)
- 5th revision = 💙, available from 3 months after completing 4th revision 💚 (worth 5 points)
- 6th revision = 💜, available from 6 months after completing 5th revision 💙 (worth 6 points)
This means a student can earn a maximum of 1 + 2 + 3 + 4 + 5 + 6 = 21 points for every unique sentence within a lesson and learning mode, but only after an extended period of time. The clock doesn't start until a revision is available and has been achieved.
For example, a student earns their 1st Revision Heart today (❤️) and comes back one month later to revise. They will earn their 2nd Revision Heart (🧡) then will have to wait at least another week before their 3rd Revision Heart (💛) is available.
Fluency Badges with Revision Heart endorsement
Students can upgrade their Fluency Badges with a Revision Heart endorsement based on the min revision level achieved for each sentence within a learning mode, lesson, unit/module/task, curriculum, language or whole site.
For example, a new student earns a 'Once-through' Fluency Badge by completing a lesson from start to finish so it will carry a 1st Revision Heart endorsement (🗡️ ❤️). If the student returns the following day and revises that lesson and learning mode, their Fluency Badge will be upgraded to a 2nd Revision Heart endorsement (🗡️ 🧡).
The Fluency Badge and Revision Heart will only reflect the minimum level achieved for any given learning mode, lesson, unit/module/task, curriculum, language or whole site.
To 'clock' ImmerseMe and secure the whole site Fluency Badge with 6th Revision Heart endorsement (⚔️ 💜) you would need to complete every sentence in every learning mode in every lesson in every language at least 6 times. Roughly 3000 sentences x 5 learning modes x 9 languages x 6 revisions = 810,000 responses recorded! It's not impossible but it's certainly an impressive challenge!
ImmerseMe International Achievement Award
After the cut-off date for each hemisphere (below), students who have also earned an ImmerseMe International Achievement Award will get a summary of their Fluency Badges with Revision Heart endorsements presented by their school:
Southern hemisphere schools: Feb-Oct (cut-off 1 Nov)
Northern hemisphere schools: Sep-May (cut-off 1 Jun)