Each user needs:
- Access to a laptop, tablet or smartphone
- Access to Chrome, Safari, Firefox (desktop) or Safari (iOS)
- Access to a working microphone (external microphones work best, like headphones with a built-in microphone that come with most mobile devices or bluetooth microphones like AirPods. These will generally be able to understand the student a lot more clearly than the microphone built-in to laptops. Some desktops don't have a built-in microphone at all so will require an external microphone source)
- High speed internet
- A quiet space where they can be heard clearly (see this article for effective Classroom Management Strategies)
Some schools may be blocking our speech api in their firewall (which you can test by hotspotting to your phone), if hotspotting works then please forward them this (polite) request:
Hi amazing IT team!
We're introducing a new language learning website called ImmerseMe - www.immerseme.co - which allows our students to practise their language skills online.
I've been instructed to forward you these technical firewall requirements:
Please whitelist https://immerseme.co/ and all subdomains *immerseme.co/ (port 443). Allow an HTTPS bypass exclusion on our web proxy by adding immerseme.co as a trusted host within the daily PAN-DB URL filtering license updates, switch off encryption and deep packed inspection for our host/s:
- immerseme.co. 299 IN A 22.214.171.124
- immerseme.co. 299 IN A 126.96.36.199
- immerseme.co. 299 IN A 188.8.131.52
- immerseme.co. 299 IN A 184.108.40.206
You can contact email@example.com directly with any questions. Thank you very much for your continued and wonderful support!
Microphone access within the browser
The first time your students access an ImmerseMe lesson a pop-up will say 'my.immerseme.co wants to user your microphone', please press 'Allow'...
If students press 'Block' or then they won't be able to complete a lesson and a message will display saying 'Your microphone is currently not working, please check your browser settings or visit our FAQ page for help.'
Chrome microphone fix
Click the padlock icon on the left of your URL and change 'Block' and to 'Allow' then reload the page.
Or you can click the broken microphone icon on the right of your URL and change to 'Always allow microphone...' then 'Done' and reload the page.
Firefox microphone fix
Click the broken microphone icon on the left of your URL and click the grey cross to the right of 'Use the Microphone' to clear this permission and ask again then reload the page and press 'Allow'.
Safari microphone fix
Click Safari > Preferences > Websites (tab) > Microphone then change my.immerseme.co from either 'Ask' or 'Deny' to 'Allow' then close Preferences and reload the page.