There could be a whole range of reasons why ImmerseMe isn't working smoothly on your computer:
- Microphone muted - Always a classic! Please unmute your microphone and check you have 'Allowed' microphone access in your browser here.
- Firewall - The most common reason if you are working from your school network will be the firewall HTTPS settings. If all computers are affected in your classroom then this is the most likely scenario so your teacher will need to send your school's IT team a message from our Technical Requirements article.
- Slow internet - If there is a large demand on your wifi/network or if your internet is patchy then this will adversely affect the performance of ImmerseMe. Try hotspotting to your phone or connecting later in the day or during low demand periods.
- Poor wifi range - You might be far away from the nearest wifi hotspot so move closer to the router.
- Too many applications running - Try closing down other applications, such as streaming services like Netflix, YouTube or Spotify, plus other browser windows. This will improve the internet available for ImmerseMe to stream 360° videos and simultaneously run speech-to-text recognition.
- Low memory - Try closing other applications and restarting your computer to free up working memory.
- Siri deactivated (iPads) - Make sure Siri is enabled.
If you're still having issues please contact us on email@example.com.